Teachers have the ability to attach Newsela articles to assignments, materials and discussion board posts in Google Classroom. When students click on the article in Google classroom, they will be taken to Newsela.
- Find the article that you would like to assign.
- Open the article and click the Share button at the top right of the page.
- Choose Google Classroom from the drop-down menu.
- This will open Google Classroom in a new tab. On this page, choose the class to which you would like to assign the article.
- Once the class is selected, you can create an assignment, ask your students a question about the article, make an announcement, or create other material.
- Click Go in the bottom right corner of the page.
- This will take you to the assignment creation page where you can create an assignment. You can select one or more classes from the Classes dropdown menu at the top-left.
- After the assignment is created, a message that the assignment has been posted to your class will appear. Click the View button to view your class stream where you will see the assignment posted to your classroom.
- Click the Classwork tab at the top of the page to see the created assignment including the embedded Newsela article.