Each level of each Newsela article has its own 4-question quiz connected to two reading standards. Students can complete quizzes at newsela.com or on the Newsela mobile app.
^Quiz Answer Keys #omit-nav
Teachers can always view answer keys, and students see answer keys after submitting their quiz. To view answer keys from a teacher account, follow these steps:
- Go to an article and select the level for which you want to see the quiz answer key.
- Click Activities to open the activities panel.
- Click Quiz. Click Next and Back to view all quiz answers.
Note: Click Report Quiz Question under any quiz question to ask the Newsela team to review that question.
^Review Quiz Scores #omit-nav
Teachers have a few options for reviewing quiz activity:
- Binder Reading Summary tab: View quiz averages for each student for a selected date range, either for activity in your class or for all activity. From here, you can navigate into an individual student's Reading Summary page, where you can see all of their quiz scores.
- Binder Assignments tab: View how many students have viewed an assignment. Click on an assignment to go to the Assignments Review Page, where you can see the class quiz average for the assignment and the number of quizzes completed for the assignment.
- Article page: View each student's quiz score(s) for the article and the answers they submitted.
^Reset Quiz Scores #omit-nav
To allow students to retake quizzes, teachers can reset quiz scores.
From the article page: On the left side, click the row with the quiz score you want to reset. In the activities panel, click Reset Quiz.
From the Binder Reading Summary tab: In the student's Reading Summary tab, scroll down and find the quiz you want to reset. Click the three dots on the right side and select Reset Quiz.
^Download Quiz Data #omit-nav
^Reading Standards #omit-nav
Each level of each Newsela article has its own 4-question quiz connected to two reading standards. For an overview of how students are doing on each reading standard, go to the Reading Summary tab and look at the Reading Skills column. From here, you can navigate into an individual student's Reading Summary page, where you can view their Reading Skills activity for a specific class or quiz.