What are Pro Teacher Resources?
Created with educators in mind, these activities are customized for each individual article and help students build upon their knowledge and make meaningful connections. Featuring both content connections and reading skills these activities will be sure to aid in delivering engaging and cross-curricular instruction.
- Research-driven activities such as jigsaws, written assignments, debates, and more
- Essential questions to help your students think deeply about a topic and engage in discussions
- Meaningful connections to other Newsela content: Text Sets, primary sources, and other news articles
Looking for examples?
Check out this Text Set which includes our most popular activities
- Newsela PRO educators can find resources on some news articles published daily.
- Activities focus on both content and reading skills.
- Activities are grouped into these categories
- Group Work
- Independent Work
- Activating Prior Knowledge
- Research Project
To find Teacher Resources: use the Advanced Search tool. On the left side of the page, under "Narrow Your Choices," scroll down and check "PRO Teacher Resources" under Advanced Features.