- Students will practice identifying the main idea of an article.
- Students will practice selecting evidence from the text to respond to questions.
- Students will research independently and record notes.
- Students will synthesize information and make persuasive arguments.
- Students will develop their understanding of the democratic process.
Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
By the end of the year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, at the high end of the grades 2-3 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
Report on a topic or text, tell a story, or recount an experience with appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details, speaking clearly at an understandable pace.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.