- Today's refugees and Jewish girl from long ago share immigration problems (1050L)
- Opinion: New technological age still has not solved problem of refugees (1030 L)
- Two Syrian sisters take a dangerous swim, to a safe swim (1050 L)
- Child migrants to U.S. try to escape Central American turmoil (990L)
- Text Set: Election Issue: The Refugee Crisis
Today I am learning … to use figurative language and narrative techniques to develop an imaginative narrative that humanizes the Syrian refugee crisis.
I will … respond to creative writing prompts that help me connect with children that are living through the refugee crisis.
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
Engage and orient the reader by establishing a context and point of view and introducing a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally and logically.
Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, and description, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.