Creating a class
In this article, we outline how teachers can get students registered for Newsela classes. There are three main ways. As a teacher, you should only use one of the following methods:
- Creating a class in Newsela
- Importing a class from Google Classroom
- Syncing a class through a Single Sign-On Provider
Read below to find the class creation method that is relevant for you.
Creating a class in Newsela
Teachers can create as many classes as they need. Students must log in to their own Newsela accounts to join the class.
- Log in to your Newsela account.
- Hover over your name in the Search and Navigation bar at the top and choose CLASSES.
- Type your class name, select a grade, then click Add Class.
- For additional tips on how to get your students started once you create a class, check out our Quick Start Guide for Students.
Creating a class with Google Classroom
If you use Google Classroom, you can now import your Google Classroom classes to Newsela and share articles with your students. For directions on adding a class to Newsela from your Google Classroom, see Import Google Classroom to Newsela.
Creating a class with Single Sign-On Providers
Check with your district's technology coordinator for help using a Single Sign-On provider such as Clever.