Introducing Different Types of Poetry to Your Class
If your students need a refresher on the poetry form you choose to introduce, you can use the following guide.
- Define the type of poetry you are going to use in your class.
- Haiku - A three-line poem with a syllable structure of 5-7-5. Haiku are typically about nature.
- Ode - A lyrical poem that praises someone or something.
- Acrostic Poem - A poem in which the first letter of each line spells out a word or a phrase.
- Concrete Poem - A poem in which the letters are positioned on the page in a way that creates an image.
DISCLAIMER: External links are being provided for informational purposes only. They are not an endorsement or an approval by Newsela of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Newsela bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content. External links may be followed with this .