Newsela Español is a helpful tool for teachers working with ELL students. Newsela Español offers articles translated from English to Spanish at five reading levels allowing students to read the same article written in both languages. Use the following guide to explore Newsela Español!
Searching for articles
- Click LIBRARY on the Search and Navigation bar at the top and choose SPANISH.
- Scroll down to browse all articles translated into Spanish or use the NARROW YOUR CHOICES options to view articles for a specific grade level or reading standard. See below for more information on narrowing your choices.
Narrowing your choices
The NARROW YOUR CHOICES menu can be found by clicking the search bar at the top of any page along with the LIBRARY and TEXT SETS pages. This menu allows you to filter your search results by grade level, reading standard, and language.
- Click the arrow beside GRADE LEVEL and select one or more grade levels.
- Click the arrow beside READING STANDARD and select one or more reading standards.
- Click the arrow beside LANGUAGES and select English or Spanish.
Searching for Text Sets written in Spanish
- Click TEXT SETS on the Search and Navigation bar at the top and choose SPANISH TEXT SETS.
- Scroll down to browse all Spanish Text Sets or use the NARROW YOUR CHOICES options to view Text Sets for a specific grade level or reading standard.
For more information on Newsela Español, see the following articles: