Removing a faculty member from your school Newsela account
Anyone with a valid school email address can join a Newsela school; however, the school administrator can remove a faculty member from the school's account. NOTE: When a school administrator removes a faculty member from the school, it doesn't delete the faculty member's account. The faculty member can log in and choose the correct school, but any classes the faculty member created for your school will no longer appear.
- Hover over your name on the Search and Navigation bar at the top and choose FACULTY.
- Use the Search faculty box or scroll down to locate the faculty member's name.
- Click Remove beside the faculty member's name, and then type "REMOVE" when prompted to confirm. An email will be sent to the faculty member, stating an administrator at your school has removed their account.
Reinstating a faculty member to your school Newsela account
School administrators can reinstate a faculty member's association with their school. Once reinstated, all classes created for the school will reappear.
- Send an email request to email@example.com. In the email, include the following:
- Your school name
- Your name
- The faculty member's name
- The faculty member's school email address
- A note indicating that you would like to reinstate the faculty member
Newsela will notify you when the faculty member's account has been reinstated.