If the article you're reading includes a writing prompt, you'll see the Write icon in the Reading Level Bar.
- Read the article and click Open Activities on the top-right corner of the article page.
- The Activities window appears on the right side. Click Write
- You can continue reading as you respond. If more than one of your classes uses Newsela, select a class for your response.
- Read the prompt and type your response. Newsela automatically saves your work so you can make changes later if needed.
- Click Submit Response. Once you click submit, you can only make changes to your response if your teacher sends it back for revision.
NOTE: If more than one class assigns the same article, you must respond to the prompt for each class separately.