Newsela is working with educators, think tanks, civic groups, and news partners to implement a 9-month program that helps teachers and parents engage their students on the 2016 presidential election, “Students Vote 2016”. This toolkit reviews frequently asked questions and classroom election applications to engage students in this experience.
- FAQs - Learn more about Students Vote 2016
- Students Vote 2016 Primary Calendar - A calendar of student state presidential primaries. Review for polling times and results.
- Classroom Election Activities - A collection of sample lessons and activities that support
- Students Vote 2016 "I Voted!" Stickers - Print and share official Newsela stickers to reward your students after they cast their vote.
- Election Text Sets - Our top text sets that support understanding of candidates and key political topics