In this Elementary lesson, students will develop their reading comprehension by discussing the concept of basic needs with peers. To view and edit the full lesson plan open the attached PDF or .docx below.
- Social Studies: Basic Needs, Geography
- Reading: Central Idea, Summary, Question Skills
- Speaking and Listening: Peer discussion
- Students will practice identifying core features of the text, including “who, what, when, where”.
- Students will develop their reading comprehension by discussing the text with peers.
- Students will learn about the concept of basic needs.
- Students will relate to their peers by comparing their common needs.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.