Summarizing Finding Queen Nefertiti’s Tomb - Day 2
Students will expand their understanding of the some recent discoveries of archaeologists. In this lesson students will apply evidence from an article about Queen Nefertiti To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- Social Studies: Ancient Civilizations, Egypt, Archeology, Anthropology
- Mystery of Ancient Egyptian Tomb (Lexile 950)
- Today I am learning…to use key words and phrases to write a summary.
- So I can…summarize an article authentically and avoid plagiarism.
- I know I understand when…I can write a 1-2 paragraph summary of the article.
- Students will be able to…write a summary of an article using keywords and phrases in the text.
Determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of primary and secondary sources.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.