Love Google Classroom? We do too. Now you can instantly share a Newsela article with your students in Google Classroom.
- Open the Newsela article you'd like to share.
- Click the three dots to the top-left of the article headline.
- Click Share in the top right and select Google Classroom icon.
- Choose a class and action from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a title, description, and due date.
- Click Assign.
Once you have shared the article on Google Classroom, you can edit the Announcement or Assignment to include specific instructions, such as an annotation reading strategy or extended writing prompt with a Google Doc.
#NewselaPROtip: Be sure to assign this article in Newsela so you can view students' results in your Teacher Binder under the Assignments tab.
NOTE: You and your students must have created accounts on Newsela in order for them to read articles. See the Quick Start Guide for Teachers to learn more about creating accounts. Once you import your students from Google Classroom into Newsela assign the article to you students so you can view student performance in your Binder. Students will have access to the link in Google Classroom and see the article as an Assignment in their Newsela Binder. Repetition is key to success.