Welcome back. With all the buzz of the back to school season, Newsela wants to help you launch into a successful academic year. This Back to School Toolkit is a collection of resources to get you started with Newsela.
- Quick Start Guide for Teachers - This guide will review creating classes and registering students to begin assigning articles to students in the first weeks of school.
- Quick Start Guide for Students - This guide has all you need to get started with a student account.
- Back to School FAQs - Whether you’re an expert Newsela teacher or a new user, you’ll find answers to all your back to school questions here.
- Back to School Lesson Plan Series - This series of teacher written lesson plans includes a lesson that walks students through the Newsela registration process, and lessons that build classroom culture using Newsela content and article features. Students will engage in meaningful discussions and writing activities to launch into the new year.
- Back to School Text Set - A curated collection of articles that aligns to the articles featured in our Back to School Lesson Plan Series.
- Student Toolkit - Newsela’s Student Toolkit contains resources to help students register and master features that develop close reading and comprehension skills.
- Text Sets Toolkit - Newsela's Text Set Toolkit introduces educators to this powerful feature that is available to all users. Teachers will learn how to develop strong curriculum connections by curating collections of Newsela articles in their own Text Sets.
- Write Toolkit - Newsela's Write Toolkit is a compilation of resources that will help you use Write as an engaging assessment tool for your classroom.