Connections to Catcher in the Rye 3
In this series of lessons, students will be able to make connections between J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye and contemporary topics in the real world. They will also draw conclusions on the essential question: How does Holden’s story relate to issues young people are facing today? Check out the entire Text Set for Literature. To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- English: The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Taking classes online to avoid school bullying (1110L)
- Reading, writing can be a prescription for healing, doctors are finding (1140L)
NOTE: Articles should be read at Max Level
- Text Set: “Catcher in the Rye” by J.D. Salinger
Learning Objective and Essential Questions
Students will be able to make connections between the text they are reading and the real world. They will also be able to answer the following Essential Questions as part of a larger unit:
- How does Holden’s story relate to issues young people are facing today?
- How does a school’s social environment affect its students?
Common Core Standards for English:
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.