Newsela loves co-teachers!
You can add a second teacher or co-teacher to any class. This allows you and another teacher to assign articles and monitor students’ activity. (Note: You'll only be able to monitor student activity if you both have access to Newsela PRO.)
- Go to the Classes tab of your Settings page.
- For the class you'd like to invite a co-teacher to, click the ENVELOPE icon.
- Enter the name or email or name of the teacher you'd like to invite. (Tip: Make sure they're registered and part of your school in Newsela first.)
- Check of the teacher's name, and click INVITE.
Note: Once you add a co-teacher, you cannot remove the co-teacher.
Adding a co-teacher via Google Classroom
If you co-teach a class on Google Classroom, you can still add them have to your Newsela class.
- Add your co-teacher in your Google Classroom.
- Re-sync your class on Newsela to link your co-teacher by going to the Student tab of your Settings page and clicking "re-sync."
- Remind your co-teacher to accept their invitation to join your class through the email they received.
If you already have a Google Classroom with a co-teacher, the easiest way to get connected to another teacher is to also import that classroom on the Classes tab of your Settings page.
Note: Make sure you select the same grade level during import on Newsela as it is marked in Google, since it will be changed every time you import from Google Classroom. Similarly, if you remove the class, it will also be removed from your co-teacher's Newsela account.