Who will be the new female face of the $10 bill? Students will synthesize information and make persuasive arguments based on their understanding of a Newsela article. After, students will develop their understanding of the democratic process and vote for the most deserving historical heroine to represent the currency. To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- ELA: Arguments and Claims, Point of View
- Social Studies: Government, Civics
- Students will practice identifying the main idea of an article.
- Students will practice selecting evidence from the text to respond to questions.
- Students will research independently and record notes.
- Students will synthesize information and make persuasive arguments.
- Students will develop their understanding of the democratic process.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.