What Would You Add to the Grocery Store?
After reading an article about Oreos, students will brainstorm a new product that they would like to add to supermarkets. They will then complete a short creative writing piece to explain their product and make an argument of why it should be in stores. To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- ELA: Creative Writing, Arguments and Claims
Featured Newsela Article
- More Oreo Cookies to Love (430L)
- Students will practice identifying the main idea of an article.
- Students will practice answering guided questions by finding specific evidence in the text.
- Students will brainstorm and record their conclusions with illustrations and writing.
- Students practice writing full sentences with appropriate capitalization and punctuation.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.