What is empathy?
In this lesson students will define what “empathy” is and use problem-solving skills to brainstorm solutions to social issues as a result of class discussions.
- Social Studies: Government, Civics, Social Change
- Today I am learning…to consider different points of view in current events.
- So I can…explore social issues affecting our society.
- I know I understand when…I can define what “empathy” is and use problem-solving skills to brainstorm solutions to social issues as a result of class discussions.
- Students will be able to…identify elements of empathy and brainstorm ideas to create their own photo story on an issue that they find important.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.