Tradition or Barrier? Gender Roles
In this series of lessons students will use a Newsela article to discuss this implications of traditions as potential barriers of social change. Students will learn to develop and explain opinions with facts from a a text. To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- ELA: Word Meaning, Opinions, PRO/CON
- Social Studies: Government, Civics
- Today I am learning…to consider different points of view in current events.
- So I can…develop an opinion using evidence from multiple sources.
- I know I understand when…I can develop & explain my opinion with facts from the text.
- Students will be able to…draw conclusions, using the text, about events in our daily lives that are changing the “rules” that have governed sports or society.
Analyze in detail how a key individual, event, or idea is introduced, illustrated, and elaborated in a text (e.g., through examples or anecdotes).
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.