- After losing huge amount, Greenland ice is melting faster than ever
- Cloud-brightening experiment tests tools to slow climate change
Paired Classrooms Discussion Questions
- Why is the earth getting warmer?
- Both articles feature scientists who have spent many years working in groups to study global warming. Why does this research require many people and long periods of time?
- The article about Greenland states that world leaders “agreed to the goal of keeping warming well below 2 degrees Celsius.” How do you think they agreed on this goal? Why might some world leaders want to set a different goal for stopping global warming?
How could the “cloud whitener” technology help solve the problem of ice melting in Greenland? What other solutions could help address the ice problem? Use evidence from both articles to support your answer.