Raising the Minimum Wage
Living wage is a growing debate.Students will decide whether the minimum wage should be increased to $15 an hour or not. Students will use graphs and evidence fro the article to establish a claim. Why could this be beneficial to people? How might this be harmful? To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- ELA: Arguments and Claims, Multimedia
- Math: Statistics and Probability, Number Sense
- Is America ready for a $15-an-hour minimum wage? (June 24, 2015) Lexile 1040
- Today I am learning…to support a claim with relevant details from a text.
- So I can…identify 3-5 strongest reasons that support the claim.
- I know I understand when…I can identify strong evidence in a text.
- Students will be able to…support my position with at least 3 relevant details from a text.
Support claim(s) with clear reasons and relevant evidence, using credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
CCSS. ELA-WRITING/RESEARCH W.7
Conduct short research projects to answer a question, drawing on several sources and refocusing the inquiry when appropriate.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.