Are We Just Wasting Good Food?
Throwing away food is becoming a big problem. There are many people who do not have enough food to eat, and many throw away perfectly good food. In this lesson students will take a look at why people throw away food and try to decide if their reasons are valid. To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- ELA: Chew On This by Eric Schlosser
- Social Studies: Society and Culture, Food, Diversity
- Science: Food
- Today I am learning…to evaluate the claims of an argument.
- So I can…determine if the argument is valid or not.
- I know I understand when…I can identify strong evidence that supports or refutes a claim.
- Students will be able to…support or refute a claim with at least 1 relevant detail from a text or video.
CCSS. ELA-READING RI.8
Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.