Students will develop number and money sense when they apply information from an article about building a lemonade stand. This lesson is rich with elementary math connections. To view and edit the full lesson plan open the attached PDF or .docx below.
- Elementary Math: Number Sense, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division
- Students will learn about the concepts of cost and profit using math literature.
- Students will practice identifying currency with a numerical value.
- Students will practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Students will practice tallying.
- Students will apply these concepts to build their own ‘business’ that makes a profit.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.