Turning Lemons into Profit
Students will apply content of a Newsela article to make real world math connections. Students will be able to use ratios to calculate the expenses of a product and determine prices that will earn a profit. To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- Math: Ratios, Proportions, Profit
- BeeSweet Lemonade is a sweet deal for the 10-year-old boss (May 22, 2015) (Lexile 950)
- Today I am learning…to calculate expenses and profits.
- So I can…how to understand how to manage a small business and learn about finance.
- I know I understand when…I can calculate the expenses and profit of a product.
- Students will be able to…calculate the expenses of a product and determine prices that will earn a profit.
Use ratio reasoning to convert measurement units; manipulate and transform units appropriately when multiplying or dividing quantities.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.