Queen Nefertiti’s Tomb - Day 1
Students will expand their understanding of the some recent discoveries of archaeologists. In this lesson students will apply evidence from an article about Queen Nefertiti to support comprehension of the central idea. To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- Social Studies: Ancient Civilizations, Egypt, Archeology, Anthropology
- Mystery of ancient Egypt Solved? (Lexile 950)
- Today I am learning…to determine the key details which support the central idea of a text.
- So I can…assess if the evidence supports the claim.
- I know I understand when…I can identify the key words and phrases which support the central idea.
- Students will be able to…identify the key words and phrases in the text which support the central idea of the text.
Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
Determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.