Thanks for joining Newsela! We'll help your students become stronger readers and get them started reading articles immediately. Follow the steps below to get started.
Step 1. Register
When a district signs up for Newsela , we will a send a Welcome invitation for you to create your Newsela district account. The district account allows you to log in to Newsela to oversee student progress at district, school, and teacher levels.
- Open the Welcome email from Newsela and click Accept Invite.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your registration.
NOTE: If you also teach classes, refer to the Quick Start Guide for Teachers for information on how to set up and manage classes and assignments.
Step 2. Log in
- Go to www.newsela.com.
- Click SIGN IN on the Search and Navigation bar at the top.
- Enter the username and password from the Welcome email and click Sign In.
Step 3. Using the District Binder
The District Binder allows district leaders to view student performance across the district, by school, by reading standard, and by grade. Performance is based on quiz scores. You can also view students compared to all other Newsela students across the nation at the same grade level.
- Click BINDER on the Search and Navigation bar. The District Binder will appear, showing student performance levels across the district and by school.
- Use the blue drop-down menu to choose how to view the data.
- Click any row to see more detailed data.
- Use the By School view, to see the Admin Binder for school's with accounts.
Note: District Leaders can only view the binder of schools within their district. Binders for schools without accounts within the district will be unavailable.
- Click Download Raw District Data to Excel in the top right to export data for review or additional analysis.