Connections to Of Mice and Men 3: Human Connections
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck is one of the most widely read novels in classrooms. These featured lesson plans will help highlight the contemporary connections to many of the important themes in Steinbeck's classic work. To view and edit the full lesson open the PDF or .docx below.
- English: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- History: Immigration, Migrant History, Poverty
- Thousands of students work to make middle school lunchrooms friendlier” (1020L)
NOTE: Article should be read at MAX level
Learning Objective and Essential Questions
Students will be able to make connections between the text they are reading and the real world. They will also be able to answer the following Essential Questions:
- Why is it important for people to form bonds with others?
- What lessons can we learn from those who live lives different from our own?
Common Core Standards for English:
Tell us what you think
We are always looking to improve our lesson plans. Click here to take a short survey.