As a school administrator you can use Student Lookup to:
- Search for students already registered for Newsela in your school
- Change account information
- Edit each student’s name and username
- Change student passwords
Searching for a student
- Hover over your name on the Search and Navigation bar at the top.
- Choose STUDENTS.
- Enter a student's name or user name under Student Lookup.
- Results will populate below the search bar as you type.
NOTE: Verify username if there are multiple students with the same name in the school.
Editing student name or username
- Once you have located a student using Student Lookup, click Edit beside the student's name.
- Edit the first name, last name, or username.
- Click SAVE.
NOTE: For changes to appear, both student and teacher may need to refresh the Newsela webpage in their browser.
Resetting a password
- Once you have located a student using Student Lookup,
- Click the Key icon under Password.
- Type the new password and click Save.
NOTE: Both student and teacher may need to refresh the Newsela webpage in their browser for the new password to work.
Tip: To grant others access to Student Lookup, see Changing a faculty member's account privledges.