Newsela’s Text Sets Toolkit provides resources to help teachers use this great feature. Below is a brief description of each item in this Toolkit.
- Introduction to text sets - a brief overview of what text sets are and why we think they're so important.
- Creating and editing text sets - instructions on how to make your very own text set, add and remove articles, and delete a text set.
- Finding text sets - instructions on how to find texts sets.
- Sharing a text set - instructions on how to share your text sets with others.
- Remixing a text set - instructions on how customize a text set created by Newsela or another teacher.
- Text Sets You Love - a collection of your favorite text sets.
- Featured teacher text sets - links to some text sets created by our rockstar educators.
- How to use text sets in your classroom - sample lesson and unit plans paired with text sets.
- Teaching with text sets - 10 minute video that explains searching, creating, and applying text sets in the classroom