Here are a few ideas on how to introduce Newsela’s Write feature:
Present at your next faculty meeting or professional development session
- Show the Write Webinar Recording.
- Allow teachers to ask questions and show them the Write Quick Start Guides.
- Help plan a school-wide writing challenge.
- Send along the Write Challenge submissions to Newsela for a chance to be featured on our website.
Hold a Lunch-and-Learn Meeting at your School
- Email the link to the Write Webinar Recording and have teachers view it before the meeting.
- Answer any questions about how the Write feature works and show the Write Quick Start Guides.
- Brainstorm ideas for a school-wide writing challenge and have teachers try them in their classrooms.
- Pick your school’s favorite Write Challenge and send it along to Newsela for a chance to be featured on our website.
Host a Write Week
- Email the link to the Write Toolkit so that teachers can watch the recording and begin exploring the feature.
- Share the Write Rubric to help teachers see possible ways to score the prompts.
- Have teachers try different Write activities in their classroom and submit their favorite to you for a school-wide writing challenge.
- Select one to be submitted to the Newsela Write Challenge for a chance to be featured on our website.