Here are a few ideas on how to introduce Newsela’s Write feature:
Present at your next faculty meeting or professional development session
- Show the Write Webinar Recording and/or walk through the Write Webinar Presentation.
- Allow teachers to ask questions and show them the Write Quick Start Guides.
- Walk your colleagues through Newsela’s Write Challenge and set a deadline for their submissions to you.
- Send along the Write Challenge submissions to Newsela for a chance to be featured on our website.
Hold a Lunch-and-Learn Meeting at your School
- Email the link to the Write Webinar Recording and have teachers view it before the meeting.
- Answer any questions about how the Write feature works and show the Write Quick Start Guides.
- Brainstorm ideas for Newsela’s Write Challenge and have teachers try them in their classrooms.
- Pick your school’s favorite Write Challenge and send it along to Newsela for a chance to be featured on our website.
Host a Write Week
- Email the link to the Write Toolkit so that teachers can watch the recording and begin exploring the feature.
- Share the Write Rubric to help teachers see possible ways to score the prompts.
- Have teachers try different Write activities in their classroom and submit their favorite to you for Newsela’s Write Challenge.
- Select one to be submitted to the Newsela Write Challenge for a chance to be featured on our website.