Teachers can hide an article from an entire class, so students in the class won't have the option of reading the article independently.
1. To see how to automatically hide sensitive content for younger readers, please turn on the Newsela Elementary toggle for each of your classes in your Account Settings page.
2. If a student belongs to another class and the teacher assigns the article you've hidden, the article will become visible to that individual student.
Hiding an article
- Navigate to the article you want to hide.
- Click Hide at the top of the blue bar on the left side of the page. Select the class you'd like to hide the article from. Classes with the article hidden from view will be highlighted in red.
Unhiding an article
- Navigate to the article you want to unhide.
- Click Hide at the top and choose the classes you want to unhide the article from.