As a teacher, you can assign any number of articles to your classes. If two teachers assign the same article to a student, the article will be listed twice in the student's binder. However, when the student reads the article and takes the quiz, the results appear for both classes. NOTE: Assigned articles are assigned to the entire class.
Assigning an article
Newsela adds new articles each day that can be assigned to your students.
- Navigate to the article you want to assign.
- Click Assign at the top left and choose a class from the drop-down menu.
Tip: Add instructions for your students to follow as they read.
- Click Assign. The Assign drop-down menu indicates the number of classes you've assigned the article to. Expand the drop-down menu to view the name of each class.
Unassigning an article
- Navigate to the article you want to unassign.
- You may see Review Mode in the top-left corner of the page. You'll need to click the 'x' before you can unassign an article.
- Click Assign at the top left and choose the class you want to unassign the article from.
- Click the class you assigned the article to.
- Click Unassign.
NOTE: When you remove an assigned article from a class, the assignment is removed from your Binder. However, if a student has already read the article or has completed a quiz for that article, the article and quiz score will appear in the student's binder as an independent read.