The year’s almost over, and if there’s room for just one more lesson, let it be one about the kids who inspire us all. From amazing displays of grit and perseverance to the courageousness of social activism, these kids made the news in 2016-2017. Students will be able to read about the nominees in Newsela’s ‘Most Inspiring Kid’ Text Set and cast their votes in our latest student poll! Students will see the poll when they log in to Newsela starting April 24th - May 2nd
Educators are encouraged to recognize student participation in helping us award the year’s Most Inspiring Kid. We’d love to hear about how your class voted and the discussions sparked by these amazing nominees. Use #mostinspiringkid on Twitter or Instagram (@newsela)!
Who is this year’s Most Inspiring Kid?
New to Newsela or our student polls?
Newsela articles, at every level, are always free and available to you and your students forever. Period. Teachers are required to sign up and create a class on Newsela in order for their students to access articles and participate in the poll.
- Sign Up for Newsela
- Create classes and add students
- Hover over your name on the Search and Navigation bar at the top and choose Students.
- Type your class name, select a grade, then click Add Class.
- Click Invite Students.
- Share the Class Link or Class Code with your students.
- Each class has a customized Quick Start Guide that tells students how to join your class. Click the Quick Start Guide icon on your Classes page to access the customized guide and share it with your students.
- NOTE: Teachers can't add students to a class.
- For additional help getting your students started, see Quick Start Guide for Teachers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.